Individual and season tickets for our 2015/16 Season are currently on sale online or directly through the Tobin Center box office.
Join us as we kick off our summer concert series with a mix of Bach’s original keyboard version of his Goldberg Variations with Dmitry Sitkovetsky’s String Trio transcription. Lera Auerbach and Clara Schumann’s Piano Trios continue our Year of the Woman.
- Johann Sebastian Bach/Dmitry Sitkovesky—Goldberg Variations
- Lera Auerbach—Piano Trio
- Clara Schumann—Piano Trio in G minor, Op. 17
Rarely heard piano Quintets by Louise Farrenc and Johann Nepomuk Hummel anchor the second summer concert and Beethoven’s Prelude & Fugue in D minor gives a peek into our 2019–2020 season.
- Ludwig van Beethoven—Prelude & Fugue in D minor, Hess 40, Fugue in D major, Op. 137
- Johann Nepomuk Hummel—Quintet in E-flat major, Op. 87
- Louise Farrenc—Piano Quintet No. 1 in A minor, Op. 30
Darius Mihaud’s vibrant perspective on the created world and Kaija Saariajo’s memories of those departed from this earth highlight this evening’s performance. Cesar Franck’s intense Piano Quintet closes the program.
- Darius Milhaud—La Création du monde, Op. 81a (piano quintet versión)
- Kaija Saariaho—Terra Memoria
- César Franck—Piano Quintet in F minor
For the final concert of the summer series, our artist faculty perform concerto movements and celebrate another year of mentoring young students. Ludwig van Beethoven’s Triple Concerto (1st movement) is the highlight of this evening’s program.
L. Van Beethoven Triple Concerto op. 56 in C Major
Francisco Fullana, violin
Dmitri Atapine, cello
Hyeyeon Park, piano